After viewing the video answer one of the following questions:
Using evidence from the video & your periodic table, what can you tell me about the Alkali Metals in Group 1?
Other than explosions, what other "evidence of a chemical change" did you see?
Brainiac Alkali Metals
33 comments:
Using evidence from the video I can tell that the Alkali Metals are very explosive, dangerous, and react to water in a chemical way.
In the video, besides explosions I saw bubbling reactions before it exploded.
Using evidence from my periodic table AND the video I can tell that the lower you go down in Alkali Metals in group 1, the more explosive it gets.
I saw alot of gas rising and not alot of water spewing out of the bathtub as it exploded. I think the heat energy caused by the explosion evaporated alot of the water. Sun I think that the lower it gets the more atomic weight there is and that is what makes it have bigger explosions as you go down.
What a great thought Thermal Energy, do you have any evidence for this claim to Sun?
Using the video i can tell that all Alkali metals are very, very explosive. Also, never mix water with Alkali metals because they will explode chemically. These metals can bubble after exploding!
From the video and periodic table the the Alkali Metals on the Periodic Table are very explosive and react to water chemically.
Also when I saw the bathtub I agree with Thermal Energy that I did see a lot of gas rising and not that much water spewing.
The evidence i saw of a chemical changes are color change, heat bieng produced & bubbling.
deposition:I saw bubbling before it exploded and in the video there were smoke also happening.In the periodic table the lower you go down the Alkali metal group1 the greater the explosion.
I saw bubbling and smoke reactions before it exploded. If you go down the Alkali metal group1 the greater the explosion
Afrter waching the video i leasrend that Cs is the 2nd most eksplosive element on the perodic tabel of elements. Next Fr is the most eksplosive element on the perodic of elements. Last the farteher you go down on the priodic tabel the more eksplosive the elements are.
Yeah. I loked at a periodic table, and the bigger the atomic weight, the bigger the explosion. If those guys had been allowed to have Francium, the bathtub would not have been the only thing that exploded... The RV would have gotten some damage at least.
a chemical change is a same transformation.
I learned that Lithium is the least reactive to water of the Alkali metals. Francium is the most reactive ofall Alkali metals. Potasium is probably in the middle of the Alkali metals.
I noticed in the video, that for some of them, it took a while for some them to actually explode. I also noticed that the explotions would get bigger every time. Something else that I saw, like Sun said, is that there was bubbling reacttions before it exploded. I also saw that there wasn't alot of water that came out when it exploded.
They are probably the most reactive elements there ever will be they produce an enourmous explosion depending on the amount and wha its getting mixed with that has a lot of phases bubbling, explosion, and it exetremely dangerous because once put in water they have to run away as fast as possible so there do not get effected by the reactive element
using the video i found out the Alkali Metals are very explosive.That the last one was so explosive that even experts could not get it.Also at the top they are less explosive than the ones at the bottom.
I know from the video that the Alkali Metals are very explosive.The higher anes are less explasive than he ones at the bottom.They exploded when mixed with warter.
I saw of a chemical changes are color change, heat bieng produced & bubbling.
I can see from this video that these metals are highly explosive and you do not want to be near them when they explode!!!
Using evedence from both the vidio and my pedreodic table I see that Alkali metals get more explosive. As you go down the list of Alkali metals are very explosive to water.If you mixed them with diffrent liquid they may react more.
using evidence from the video i can tell you that alkali metals are very dangerous.
After watching the video and looking at the peiriodic table i have came to the conclusion that the farther you go down the periodic table the more explosive the Alkali Metals get. I came to this conclusion because the more they went down the less metal they used because there were bigger explosions and the last one was to dangerous to test. I think that the reason the Alkali Metals had bigger explosens as you went down is because of the way they are organized.
Using the evidence from the Alkali Metals video, I see that when Alkali Metals are put in water they have a chemical reaction and get dangerous and explosive in a matter of seconds after you put them in the water.
By the looks of it, after watching the video again and looking through the periodic table I realized that the metals higher up in the periodic table are less explosive and the metals lower in the periodic table are more explosive and dangerous.
I saw alot of gas rising as tey exploded. I learned that you can set fire to water by puting Sodium and that you can make a bathtub blow up with Seisium. I figured out that the farther down you go down the Alkali Metals the more explosive they are with water.
I learned that when you see that the color has changed on the object you know its chemical change.
I found out that the lower on the periodic table they are the more explosave in that group.also i found out that the last one the most explosive they won't even give to experts that is how dangrous thay are. a;kali metals are way to explosive for people who are not trained like the peopl in the video.
I can tell from the video and my periodic table that Alkali metals are very reactive and EXPLOSIVE!
Other than explosions I saw burning.
One chemical change i saw was fames. Another chemical change I saw was bubbling. I also could hear the foaming of the chemical.
Other than the exploding i saw alot of bubbling and alot of stuff overflowing! It was very cool and entertaining!
These metals are very explosive. Some react slower than others.One reacted with out notice.
Post a Comment